MJ Robinson Structures carry out the design, detailing, fabrication and erection of high quality structural steelwork, which has established us as one of the leading steelwork companies in the industry.
Based in the East Midlands but serving clients nationwide and abroad, our name is synonymous with high quality, competitively priced structures which has enabled us to become the steelwork sub-contractor of choice for many of the country’s leading main contractors.
Why we are different
- We fabricate and detail in-house
- A responsible, CE Marked, family run business
- High attention to detail and quality
- Provides value engineered and cost effective solutions
- Nationwide Reach
- Over 50 years of engineering experience
- Friendly, qualified and experienced staff throughout
Our work in the community
The MJ Robinson Structures team are heavily involved in charitable work throughout the UK and have been delighted to recently support several charities including the Macmillan Foundation, Cancer Research and the Alzheimers Society.
We are proud to be associated with Derby County FC, Derby Rugby Club, England international football and rugby associations through hospitality and sponsorship.
We are the main sponsor of South Normanton Athletic F.C. (semi professional football team) who play in step 6 of the East Midlands Counties Premier Division at the MJ Robinson Structures arena.
We are also sponsors of two under eights junior football teams: Spondon Rovers Thunder and Duffield Dynamos, who both play in the Derby Junior Football League and also of Derby Taverners Sunday Football League (men’s Sunday morning football) MJ Robinson Structures Premier Division.
MJ Robinson Structures football team play in the Derby Taverners Sunday Football League Seniors Division 1
Working with respect for the environment
MJ Robinson strongly advocates and has a respect for natural resources. the local environment, for eliminating waste and pollution in order to improve on efficiencies. THe company holds it’s own environmental policy and sources material covered by BS EN ISO 14001 legislation.
We recently invested £12,000 to upgrade all our old flourescent lighting throughout the workshop and offices to energy efficient LED lighting which has greatly reduced our carbon footprint.
All MJ Robinson on site operational waste is collected and removed from site and where possible recycled.
For further information on our policy please contact our sales and marketing department.
- I have been very impressed MJ Robinson’s performance on the South Notts acadamy and how closely you worked to your target programme. This allowed us to coordinate the follow on trades and super structure works which are now ahead of programme. I look forward to working with MJ Robinson again and hope you continue to have a successful relationship with Bowmer & Kirkland.David Holbrook – Project Manager, Bowmer & Kirkland
- MJ Robinson Structures recently completed a project with ourselves of which their professional and proactive approach enabled our overall programme to be bettered and the quality of workmanship acheived was second to none.Glenn Reeves – Project Manager, Willmott Dixon
- MJ Robinson recently undertook the structural steel work installation on our prestigious King RIchard III visitor’s centre project. Their proaction, technical ability, attention to detail and customer service was of the highest quality and I look forward to working closely with MJ Robinson Structures again in the near future.Richard Bishop – Project Manager, Morgan Sindall plc
- We have recently completed a number of education projects with MJ Robinson who installed a number of steel frames across a programme of schools in Coventry for ourselves. During the time they proved themselves to be very professional and proactive in their approach. They came into their own through the design and pre-construction stage offering alternative solutions and savings throughout the process.Phil Evans – Construction Manager, Wates Construction ltd
- MJ Robinson Structures have been proven to be proactive and professional in their approach to work and have always achieved and bettered programmes provided and offered VE an alternative scheme advice with their considerable knowledge and expertise. We have always found MJ Robinson Structures to be flexible and excellent team players with their health and safety record on our sites and quality of finished product always of the highest standard.Adrian Moss – Project Manager, BAM Construction Midlands ltd
- MJ Robinson’s approach to site safety has been excellent and they are real team players in their approach to erecting steel frames.Paul Hayfield – Project Manager, BAM Construction Midlands
- We have always found MJ Robinson Structures to be professional and proactive in their approach and they have always maintained and in many cases improved on agreed programme dates. We would particularly commend their performances at pre-construction stage, with value engineering and advice with alternative solutions for the overall betterment of the project being achieved.Gustave Kedzior – Willmott Dixon
What clients say
We are proud to have worked with some of the biggest names in UK construction and to have provided steelwork for a large number of projects across the country